Much of the discussion around modern IT still revolves around purely technical aspects of a given platform, leaving many business people in the dark as to what true value of a new technical architecture actually is.
With businesses being run by process – not by technology – a new approach has to be taken: one that starts with the business imperative, drills down to the business process and then uses technology - increasingly from outside sources – to enable and facilitate the business tasks that are the basic building blocks of business value.
This white paper references some case studies and covers the following topics:
- Introduction - the role of the cloud in driving business value
- The business imperative, business process and business tasks
- The task as the business building block
- Just where does technology fit in to this?
- The process triangle, external services and the cloud