One of the hottest topics in the IT industry at the moment is virtualization, particularly in relation to the x86 servers that have so often proliferated to unmanageable levels.
While the principle of server consolidation based on the latest virtualization technologies is now accepted, how far have organizations progressed in this area? And based on adoption experiences, what are the practical considerations when dealing with server proliferation?
This reports covers:
- The problem of server proliferation
- Causes of unwanted server proliferation
- Consequences of server sprawl
- Virtualization adoption and progress
- Implementation practicalities
- Discussion on the feedback from IT professionals.