With virtualization close to the top of every CIO’s to do list, this report details the task of finding out how well server, storage and desktop virtualization is currently understood and where it is being applied, discovering what is driving adoption and, just as interestingly, what is holding it back.
This report provides a snapshot of activity with regard to the adoption of virtualization solutions in business today. The report also considers the various areas of IT in which virtualization solutions are being deployed, from server, through storage to personal computing on desktop or notebook PCs.
- Overall sentiment and knowlegde
- Perceived strength of the case for adoption
- From theory to practice - a look at overall adoption levels
- Server virtualization in more detail
- Drill down on storage
- The elusive case for desktop virtualization
- A final observation on software licensing