Governments around the world have been looking at how best to reduce functional redundancy through the concept of "shared services” where different departments share a single source of function. This report looks at the promise and issues of cloud computing today in the Public Sector, along with the direction cloud needs to take in order to fulfil on its promise.
The following topics are covered:
- The public sector in 2011 and beyond
- What does cloud offer the public sector?
- Cloud and meeting the risk profile of the public sector
- Cloud issues
- Information management and the cloud
- Putting in place a cloud strategy